Where To Go From Here

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Total Recall (2012) - Paul Verhoeven's Opinion

MoveLine has an interview with Verhoeven, who directed the original film. And he had the following to say about the remake, which opened earlier in August:
"Arnold being there made the movie a little light, and I think that’s very important for these Philip Dick stories," he said. "I think if it would have been done in a straight way, I’m not so sure that it would have worked – at least, not at that time. And recently [in the Total Recall remake], it did not. I get to say that because the producer of the new one said that this was cheesy or something. And Colin Farrell called it in an interview ‘kitschy.’ So I dare to say that his version was not good."
Read the rest of the interview for more on what Verhoeven had to say.

No comments: