In an interview with
Empire Magazine, Abrams said:
I guess the franchises could go up against each other but I'm not thinking that far ahead!" says J. J. Abrams. "I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, Empire and Jei, and hte idea of that world continuing is exciting and will be amazing. Kathy Kennedy is a friend and there are no smarter producers. It's in great hands."
And was he ever offered it? "There were the very early conversations and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to Star Trek, and also just being a fan, I wouldn't even want to be involved in the next version of those things. i declined any involvement very early on. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them."
Interesting point: if you were a movie maker, and had the chance to participate in making a film in one of your favorite film franchises, would you do it? Or would you rather stay out so you could be in the audience?
No comments:
Post a Comment