Where To Go From Here

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Wachowskis To Direct Justice League?

MovieHole has the following to say on the subject.
This bit of news came courtesy someone we’ve been working with – someone who would likely have a better chance at getting a glass to a door at WB than most of us. So here goes… 
Lana and Andy Wachowski. 
What I’m told is Warner Bros are apparently jazzed with “Cloud Atlas”, and love that it’s as much a spectacle as it is a showcase for the immense ensemble involved, so it makes sense the W’s are under consideration. “Justice League” needs to be as big on character, as it does bells & whistles, and the Wachowski’s could probably offer that.
However, Bleeding Cool seems to think otherwise:
It’s just that… there’s something else we’re trying to really nail down and get firmed up here at Bleeding Cool. Something that would suggest The Wachowskis won’t be working on this movie. 
And that they’re very possibly going to be working on something else. Something that they’re likely to feel a lot more personally invested in right now. 
Ah, anyway. I don’t know if there’s time or room for both projects. Maybe there is. You know I’m trying to put together a puzzle here when I’ve only got a small handful of pieces. 
But for now, surveying the situation, it still looks to me like Justice League is Ruben Fleischer’s gig to turn down.

No comments: