Where To Go From Here

Monday, January 14, 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - Anthony Mackie Talks Falcon

Ain't It Cool News caught up with Mackie and talked with him about his role. The film opens on 04 April 2014:

Capone: Okay, I don’t want to jump ahead here, but I’m going to. You were announced late last year to be playing The Falcon in the CAPTAIN AMERICA sequel. Were you not the first choice in that one? 
AM: Okay, I was the first choice for that one. I forgot about that. But that was another one of those things where they are like… Actually wait, was I? I was! You got me, that was it. But I can’t talk about it. I’m in it. 
Capone: Are you going to have a pet falcon named Redwing?  
AM: I will have wings. I will be able to fly. I will be a superhero and fight people, namely The Winter Soldier. 
Capone: Right. 
AM: Does anybody read comic books?  
[A smattering of audience members applaud.] 
AM: Me either. I had no idea what the fuck… 
Capone: Once you were hired, what kind of research did they lay on you to say, “Okay, this is your backstory. You’ve got to learn this.” Did they through a bunch of books are you? 
AM: It was funny; a lot of the research I found was online. My older brother was a huge comic book buff. So when the news came out online, he called me and just gave me the whole rundown. Luckily, I have a lot of friends who weren’t cool growing up, but who are really cool now, so they read a lot of comic books. So I would just call and ask them, and they would send me all of this stuff online, and I got to read a bunch of the old comic books. It’s fortunate, because it’s a take off the comic book, it’s not the exactly storyline of the comic book.

No comments: