Where To Go From Here

Friday, March 22, 2013

Joshua Fialkov Walks Off Of "Green Lantern Corps" And "Red Lanterns"

Joshua Fialkov has stepped down as writer for both "Green Lantern Corps" and also "Red Lanterns" with the following statement:
There were editorial decisions about the direction of the book that conflicted with the story I was hired to tell, and I felt that it was better to let DC tell their story the way they want. I’m grateful for the opportunity and I’ll miss working with the entire Green Lantern team.
This was not an easy decision to make emotionally or financially, but, I’m sure it was the right decision for both me, and for the Green Lantern books. The outpouring of support, your kind words and well wishes means so much to me and my family.
Rumor has it that DC wanted him to work into his story ideas killing off Green Lantern Jon Stewart. In a related, or at least similar, story Andrew Diggle left the Action Comics titles for seemingly similar reasons.

No comments: